JNP

podcast

Monday: Cyber Monday Concepts

Happy Cyber Monday everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend, whether it was a holiday weekend or just a normal weekend.

The BLACK FRIDAY deals may be gone but it's Cyber Monday which means a whole new slew of GREAT DEALS. I know of a few good ones so if you're Christmas shopping for others or want to treat yourself to a little something check these out.

NHL Shop - 25% off orders over $50
IceJerseys - 20% and Free Ground Shipping
Lids - 30% off and free shipping on orders over $24

Those are just a few that catch my eye, if you know of anymore post them in the comments to share with the HJC community!

Speaking of the community, we have some votes to vote on...

The last COTW of November is up for vote and it'll probably be a close one, so help settle that.

Also, the CWHL redesign is up for vote. There were some really good looking jersey sets there, I'll be sending my vote in, so you might as well do it too.

COTW Nov 23-29 vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm Eastern)
CWHL ReDesign Top 5 vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm Eastern)

Now that's the business side of things is done, let's get to the concepts!


Tampa Bay Lightning Alternate Jersey Tweak - Griffin B.
Griffin wasn't impressed with Tampa's new alternate either, so he offers us this tweak. The "BOLTS" logo is gone, good call. Some striping is added to the sleeves, another good call. The white stripe along the sleeves was thinned out, I personally would have left it the same. The new font seems out of place. I'd stick with what they used. The C should be on the other side, as if Red Wings (Or Original 6) fans don't think the Lightning are ripping off the classic look enough, no need to take the Red Wings' C on the "wrong side". I'd add the arm stripes to the hem too, but that's just me.

Rating: 7/10


Cadet Squadron 3 -Dogs of War - Rocky Mountain Concept Company
This jersey has the look of a Stadium Series jersey to me. Which isn't bad. I think the lace pattern and the stripe down the yoke is kind of what gives it that vibe to me. The striping is nice, I like a colored cuff like that. I wish the hem had the same treatment. Wordmarks aren't my style, if there's a Dogs of War logo of patch I would try to utilize that. The number on the back is way too small.

Rating: 7/10


New York Rangers Pinstripe Pride Alternate - David K.
I think a lot of people expected to see pinstripes on the Stadium Series jerseys last year, but luckily we didn't. Henrik Lundqvist did use them on his pads though, which looked amazing to me. I think pinstripes on a hockey jersey is very very hard to pull off. It's got to be done subtly. I think what we have here would make an ok fan jersey for those who are fans of the Yankees and Rangers, or just like the look, but I don't think this could be pulled off. Way too busy. I do like the "NY" shoulder patches. Pretty neat nod to baseball logos.

Quick fix, knock the opacity on the pinstripes down a whole lot.

Rating: 7.5/10


Victoriaville Tigres Alternate Jersey Concept - Frank B.
I'm assuming this is an alternate jersey since it's a one jersey concept. Frank ditches the yellow in the Tigres' color scheme and replaces it with two shades of orange. I like the idea and would want to see more of the orange. The jersey design as is isn't bad. I think the two orange stripes on the arms should be moved down to the next stitching line so there isn't as much white. The CCM logo on the cuff should be gone, that's only something you see on replicas out for retail. Everything else here is looking pretty good. Only other change would be to change the colors in the logo to match the jersey.

Rating: 8/10


Victoria Royals Concept - Taylor R.
Blue and black isn't my favorite color scheme, but the blue jersey here looks fantastic. There's a good balance between the colors. I think there could be a tiny bit more white but it's great where it's at. As for the white jersey... Not enough blue. I feel like there should be more blue than anything on these jerseys, followed by black, then white. Maybe swap the black and blue on the white jersey. The blue gets lost on the white jersey and it almost looks like an all black and white jersey.

Rating: 8/10


Quebec Nordiques Concept - Christian L.
Christian has thrown this logo onto a lot of concepts trying to find the right look for it, and I think this is it. The color scheme is great, pretty close to the Jets but it looks so so good here. Especially the pattern in the striping. It's little subtle touches like that that make a jersey go from good to great for me. To me it looks like that pattern is a little off center but I don't feel like that makes it a problem, I think it works as is.

I think the 3 fleur de lis on the pants is a little much, especially since they aren't in the jerseys or anything. maybe put one on the helmet. And the QN logo is fantastic. I think that needs to go onto the pants and the front of an alternate jersey.

9.5/10 and a COTW NOM


And there you have it folks, Monday is donezo. Now go get yourself some CYBER MONDAY DEALS
Monday: Cyber Monday Concepts Reviewed by DBro Alexander on December 01, 2014 Rating: 5

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew I had to include the fleur de lys somewhere, I feel like If there wasn't any on the uniform, people would get mad. The 3rd jersey should be tomorrow.

If Taylor had switched the blue and black on his cocnept today, it would've been an easy nomination. Same thing if David would've reduced the opacity of his pinstripes. Solid concepts today.

Ryan said...

I'll second Christian for COTW. Beauty!

Unknown said...

I'll third Christian's. The owl logo is still amazing.

Caz said...

Fourth to Christian. That set is on point.

DBro Alexander said...

Uh Oh, Christian's concept is looking like a potential COTY finalist...I take it all back... 0/10

Unknown said...

Not sure if you guys new this, but for school, I had to do a really big research project (you had the choice to create something, write an essay, or organize an event, me being lazy I chose to create something.), and my goal was to integrate the history and community of Quebec City into the logo. So there was actually a lot of research put into that logo ( I kno it might not seem like it, but I have an 8 page document explaining the logos with countless drafts of logos.) so I'm glad to see people like it.

Ryan C. said...

The more i look at that Victoriaville Tigres concept the more i like it.

All Rights Reserved by Jersey Nerds Podcast © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

(c)2018 HockeyJerseyConcepts.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.