JNP

podcast

Tuesday: It's In The Game!

Today was the release for NHL 16. If you've read some of my previous posts recently I've talked about the game and the series for a bit. Last night I preordered it on PSN so i could play it the second it released. Well, I fell asleep last night a little past 11. So, no I still haven't played it. After school today though....I'll have to go to work...after work though....I have to do homework. After that though, if I'm not completely dead, I will play the game. So, to get me hyped, who has played it here? How's the game? How's the game modes? Will I be entertained? I've heard good things so far, but games usually have that week honeymoon phase. Regardless, I'll be spending a lot of time on this game. If any of you have PSN, my name is OhLookADeliMeat. Add me on there and maybe we can face off a couple games against each other.

COTW Sept 6-12 vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm Eastern)

Cougars Top 5 vote (ends Friday @ 10:59pm Eastern)

Do those voting thingy ma bobbers.

Now onto the concepts!



RIT Tigers Concept -  Ben S.
 Really cool to see NCAA concepts around here. Especially cool since this is most likely one of the first times anyone has ever submitted an RIT concept. So Ben, congrats on possibly being the first. The jerseys are simple enough but I do like the design he has. I like how the arms stay the same on the white jersey. Might even want to switch that up on the away jersey. switch the white and brown on it. Not a fan of the font used, normal block font you have for the alternate would be a great fit for it. The alternate is a great touch to Rochester hockey, which I am a huge fan of. I was close to buying that Americans jersey but couldn't make that investment when I had the chance. Nice set, would be nice to see with some changes.

Rating: 8.2/10




Gold Coast Suns Concept (AFL) - Duncan L.
 Quite possibly another first on this site. Moving to a rugby team in Australia. Or ..they call it football there. Oh boy though, bringing in the classic Buffaslug look. I've had to deal with this look for a decent run and I was never a real fan of it. To be fair though, that was because it was simply on the Sabres jersey. If say an AHL team brought the look in first and it fit their brand maybe I could have had some more love for it. the alternate, ace. Not even going to say anything to that. The home and away though I think need more blue. Not sure if you're doing a direct crossover from their jerseys to hockey but from a design standpoint I would love to see blue in their as an accent color at least to bring in the whole look. You have it as a very small outline of the jersey but I think it needs to be used a little more in the striping. I would also make the numbers red on the white jersey to make it more legible. Give me some more blue and this would be great to me.

Rating: 7.9/10




Geelong Cats (AFL) - Duncan L.
 Duncan gives us another first and continues the rugby crossover. These jerseys are awesome. It just radiates classic. My one complaint that I notice right away is how thick those stripes are in the alternate. Almost looks like a Chinese knockoff jersey. I know it's a blue version of the Red Wings but that change would make it look better. The rest of the look is just simply good. No real complaints. Execution is done well. Nice job!

Rating: 8.4/10




Columbus Blue Jackets Concept - Mario A.
 Mario ends the first trend with a Blue Jackets concept. The striping and whole look is a nice simple design. Sad to see the stars leave on the cuffs. On the home jersey I really want more navy blue to offset so much vintage white. I would have the blue outlining every vintage white you see. that means the numbers the name and the yoke. Big execution flaw here, the front of your away jersey has vintage white on the front but not on the back. I don't know which one is the mistake though. I think the pure white looks better. However, for the 100 NHL anniversary concept I would just have all the white you have be the vintage white, even the whole entire away jersey. Also make sure that back number is centered!

Rating: 7.4/10




Columbus Blue Jackets Concept - Matt G.
Matt now continues the Columbus trend now. He however, takes a very very different approach to the Blue Jackets than anyone ever has I think. I'm going to list my dislikes first. I dislike how you use light blue pants even though light blue is barely used on the primary jerseys, barely used at all. I actually don't mind the hat being on the jersey front but again, no real need for that light blue. The font seems too Microsoft Powerpoint and not sports. I don't like how the third jersey is just the home jersey with a different logo. Almost no point to have it. Take those red pants though and make those the full time pants. The whole concept seems to be all over the place. There's no real consistency. Have more red on the arms or numbers. Brig that gold to other portions. It just seems like you had too many ideas and tried to fit them all in one concept. I like you trying different things though, sadly this was a miss for me.

Rating: 5.9/10




I'm going to go to class now. Get my education so when I smack talk kids on NHL 16 I sound smart. Wish me luck! Have a nice day everyone, hope you learn something new, and achieve something.


Tuesday: It's In The Game! Reviewed by Unknown on September 15, 2015 Rating: 5

8 comments:

Matt G said...

My entire concept for the Blue Jackets was based on the Union Army uniforms because that's what the Blue Jackets are supposed to represent...and they don't...at all. The Union Army wore dark blue uniforms with powder blue pants, red sashes, and gold chevrons. The red pants are a nod to the Zouaves.

http://www.dixiescv.org/uniforms/union03.jpg

Anonymous said...

Matt G I LOVE that Jackets set. I nominate it for COTW.

winnipegjets96 said...

Duncan L's Geelong Cats Concept for COTW, though I do think Matt G's concept is pretty good

Unknown said...

I played NHL 16 back in june, and I liked it

Matt G said...

Thanks fellas. I can see how my concept can be a little abstract without context though.

Unknown said...

@ Matt G: I thought it wasn't a bad looking set even without the context, though seeing the image you linked to does help me "get it" a bit more. For me, what made it not quite work as well was simply the shade of light blue found on the pants and in the logos; even though you were going for the historical connection, I think taking some liberties and darkening the light blue just a bit would have been more aesthetically pleasing. The actual design elements (red stripe, chevrons, blue arms on the white jersey) all look great!

Unknown said...

To be honest, I had no idea about what the uniforms looked like. So knowing that, I think it's cool you tried to remake those.

My rating still stands though. As a hockey uniform set, as a design stand point I still don't think they're very effective. I like the direction though.

Unknown said...

I would like to second Duncan's Geelong Cats concept

All Rights Reserved by Jersey Nerds Podcast © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

(c)2018 HockeyJerseyConcepts.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.