JNP

podcast

Friday: New Template

Hello folks!  By now you might have started to think the template I previewed way back on April 1st was actually an April fools day prank, but it was no joke and now I'm finally ready to unveil it.  Here it is, the Combo template...

I'm calling this the Combo template because it's a combination of the template from NHLUniforms.com and the template from the Paint Users Paradise thread on the SportsLogos.Net forum.  Above is a blank version of this template, but I also created versions for all 91 NHL team jerseys worn this season, you can find them all right HERE.

In other news (which you've probably seen already), the Florida Panthers new logo may have been leaked, courtesy of Paul Lukas from Uni Watch.


I like it!  If this turns out to be the real deal, which I think it is, then I'll be a happy hockey fan.  The panther itself is particularly nice, it's much simpler than their current panther and it looks tough without being overly aggressive.  I don't mind the shield or wordmark either.

Do you think this is the Panthers actual new logo, and if so do you like it?  Leave your thoughts in the comments.

--------------------------------------------------

Did you get your round 2 Playoff Pool picks in yet?  If not too bad, the deadline was today at noon Eastern time.  However you still have time to vote for the COTW and the RHI Competition.

COTW April 17-23 vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm Eastern)
RHI Top 3 vote (ends Friday @ 10:30pm Eastern)

--------------------------------------------------

Colorado Avalanche, by Dylan T:
+  It's always nice to see the mountain pattern make a comeback.
-  Although, I think the stripes would look better if they were a tad thicker.
+  I like the new colour scheme with navy blue added.
-  The maroon and navy blue blend together on the white jersey.  I don't know what the exact solution would be, but I think those colours need to be kept apart.
-  The shoulder patches should only be half visible.
-  The sleeve numbers are missing and there's no back view, so we can't tell what the numbers would be like.
+  The half and half jersey style looks great in these colours.
+  I also like that the design is also somewhat similar to the Colorado state flag.
-  I'd like to see the back to know if the split design continues around the whole jersey.
Rating:  7/10

New York Rangers, by Lucas D:
+  The striping is both modern and classic, which works great for an old franchise using a modern logo like the Lady Liberty logo.
+  The yoke is especially nice, it's similar-ish to their current road jersey but the angled ends make it feel modern and fresh.
-  I think the stripes on the arms are a bit to close to the cuffs, the blue area could get hidden under the gloves.
+  No Adidas stripes!
-  I'd like to see the pants to know if they would be red or blue.  I think blue pants might look better.
Rating:  8/10

Pittsburgh Penguins, by Ryan C:
+  The striping pattern doesn't look bad, however...
-  When I see this pattern I instantly think of Minnesota.  I know this pattern is used on the Penguins current socks, but I'd like to see something more unique to the Penguins.
+  I love the number font.  Also, I didn't think I'd like vegas gold numbers, but they actually look good and they match the triangle in the logo.
+  No Adidas stripes!
Rating:  8/10

Erie Otters, by Ryan C:
+  The striping pattern is great.  It reminiscent of the Panthers original red jersey (which I also loved), but it's not a direct copy.
-  I wonder if it would look better without shoulder yokes, I don't think they add anything to the design, and the jerseys would be less cluttered without them.
+  I haven't changed my mind since the last concept, I still like the number font.
+  I like your presentation style for both your concept today.
Rating:  8/10

Denver Pioneers, by Steven M:
+  No hem stripes.  Some people might think that's a negative, but I think this concept looks good without them.
+  On it's own the road jersey's striping pattern has too much gold, but paired with the red numbers, name, and wordmark (and I'm guessing red equipment) it balances out.
-  Although maybe the cuffs would be better red, to better match the collar.
-  The only black on this concept is in the logos.  I think they would look better without black.
Rating:  8/10

San Jose Sharks, by Matt M:
+  It's a simple idea, the Sharks original jerseys with orange and their current logo, but it looks great (however, the simplicity of the idea is the only thing keeping me from nominating this for COTW).
+  The execution and presentation is amazing.  I love the half and half background like what Adidas used when unveiling the World Cup jerseys.
-  The NHL shield should be on the collar.
+  No Adidas stripes!
Rating:  8/10

Pittsburgh Penguins, by Taylor R:
+  The Bruins wouldn't complain about this colour scheme.  Honestly I wouldn't want the Penguins to use blue and yellow together in real life, but it makes for a very interesting concept.
+  The pants are awesome.
+  You can't go wrong using their pre-edge striping pattern.
-  I'd prefer if the logo on the white jersey had a blue outline as well.
Rating:  8/10

Columbus Blue Jackets, by Taylor R:
+  The Ohio state flag striping has been done before, but this version looks great.
+  I like the blue shoulder area on the white jersey and how it keeps the state-flag pattern always touching blue.
+  The silver surrounding the state-flag striping is also a nice addition.
+  I really have no complaints about this concept at all.
Rating:  9/10 and my COTW nomination!

--------------------------------------------------

That's all folks!  Come back this Sunday for the blog's 2000th post, I'm sure Caz has something great planned to celebrate the occasion.
Friday: New Template Reviewed by Steven Grant on April 29, 2016 Rating: 5

6 comments:

DBro Alexander said...

I think it's unfair to say that McElboy's Sharks' jersey NEEDS the NHL Shield on the collar. That's only been a thing since Reebok took over, and that's an Adidas jersey. I think it's safe to say that the NHL shield, or some version of it will be there because of the WCH on the World Cup jerseys, but until we see an Adidas NHL jersey we can't really know what NEEDS to be where.

Love,

Dylan

winnipegjets96 said...

Taylor R's Pens concept for COTW

Unknown said...

Matt Mc's Sharks concept for COTW

Steven Grant said...

@DBro Alexander: I think it's fair to say Matt's concept SHOULD have the NHL shield on the collar. We don't technically know where it will be, but it's a very, very safe bet. Like you said, the World Cup jerseys have a logo in that spot, and the design of the collars fits a logo perfectly. Also, the NHL moved their logo to the collar for a reason, they want their logo visible in every action photo of an NHL players face. I'd be completely shocked if the NHL moved their logo.

Unknown said...

I'll 2nd Taylors Pens concept for COTW.

Steve Marc said...

Mockup arena has McElroy's AWC jersey template with the back

All Rights Reserved by Jersey Nerds Podcast © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

(c)2018 HockeyJerseyConcepts.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.