JNP

podcast

Thursday: Stars Game + Lots of Blue Concepts

Hello everyone. Hope you've had a good Thursday so far. Well I was able to go to the Blackhawks-Stars game this past Saturday, and it was absolutely AWESOME. We sat fifth row from the glass and the game was awesome, well at least it was for the Blackhawks fans, as the Hawks demolished the Stars, 8-1. Jersey-wise, the Stars were wearing green practice jerseys for St. Patrick's Day. I was able to capture a couple pictures on my iPhone. The first two pictures are from the Official Dallas Stars Facebook. The jerseys were put up for auction and had special Irish-themed names on the back for each player.












Also, I heard the live chat was fun, I wasn't able to make it (because I was at the game), hopefully I can make the next one. Anyway, let's get going.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the daily voting reminders...

COTW Mar 11-17 vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm EST)
Macon Whoopee redesign contest entries (entries due Friday @ 11:59pm EST)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here are today's contest entries for the Macon Whoopee competition...

Cedric le Sieur


-------------------------------------------------------------

Everett Silvertips WHL concept (By: Darren H.)



The Silvertips released new uniforms at the beginning of this season, and I for one, really liked them. But, these are just awesome. I love the mountains on the hem and the mountain style on the arms. The black alt is just awesome as well with the mountain chest stripe. I have no complaints as these are just awesome. I also love the logo choices. Great job, Darren. 8.5/10

Voisins de Laval QMJHL concept (By: Bastian)


Well the Voisins de Laval were an old QMJHL team in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. I was able to find an old jersey (I think). Anyway, these are just great. The classic, yet unique striping is excellent. The single-colored fonts fit well, and everything else looks good. Once again, I have no complaints. Concepts are getting so good on HJC nowadays, I'm running out of suggestions. Anyway, great job Bastian. 8.5/10

Detroit Red Wings concept (By: Mike S.)


This is Mike's entry into the recent Red Wings Untouchables competition. I really like these. The striping is great. I like the chest stripe here, it works well. I like how the red sleeve still comes into play on the road jersey. Overall, a great concept here from Mike. No complaints. 8/10

Nashville Predators concept (By: J3)


J3 brings back the checkerboard pattern for the Preds and this one is cool. It still incorporates the "apron strings" from the home and away jerseys, which I don't like. Do without those, then this concept is perfect. The piano keys and the "Music City" inscription on the collar are awesome. Without the front piping, I would buy this jersey in a heartbeat (if I had the money). Awesome job, J3. 8.25/10

UConn Huskies NCAA concept (By: David K.)


The UConn Huskies are primarily known for their basketball team (s) but here is a hockey concept. I like all the striping and the yokes look good as well. The logo choices are phenomenal as well. No complaints from me here. Execution wise, the vertical stitching should stop at the hem stripes and not continue all the way down to the end of the jersey. 8/10

Florida Panthers concept (By: Darren H.)


Darren creates new jerseys for the Florida Panthers inspired by their recently-retired blue alternate jerseys. I'm not a fan of the new striping on the home and away jerseys. I wish it was just how it was like on the actual alternate jerseys. I was never a fan of the original Panthers jerseys, and I'm not a big fan of that alternate. Great execution, but I'm just not a fan. 7/10

Carolina Hurricanes concept (By: Bastian)


Bastian creates a grey Hurricanes concept and this one is very cool. The Hurricanes are one of the very few teams could pull off a grey jersey, maybe the Sharks could. The double red on the striping is awesome. The logo choices are great as well. I would not mind one bit if the Canes came out with this as an alternate tomorrow. Awesome job again, Bastian. 9/10 and a COTW nom from me

Vancouver Canucks concept (By: SG-94)


Steven shows us yet another Canucks "V" concept and this is one of my favorites. Not too showy, but still unique. The "Skating Johnny" logo is awesome as well. Great execution, as always, from Steven. 8/10

Thanks for reading, have a good Friday everyone!
Thursday: Stars Game + Lots of Blue Concepts Reviewed by Tyler Gross on March 21, 2013 Rating: 5

2 comments:

Alan John Herbert said...

Darren's Silvertips concept for COTW

winnipegjets96 said...

I'll 2nd Darren for COTW

All Rights Reserved by Jersey Nerds Podcast © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

(c)2018 HockeyJerseyConcepts.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.