JNP

podcast

Thursday: Flaming Kings

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you've had a good week and a great day. Hopefully, this post will make it just a bit better. Jarome Iginla was traded to the Penguins last night. Anyway, the NHL season is already winding down to it's final weeks and I can't wait for the playoffs. I have tomorrow off of school for Good Friday, so I can just relax. I also want to wish all of those who celebrate it, a happy Easter! Anyway, let's going.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the daily voting reminders...

COTW Mar 18-24 vote (ends Friday @ 11:59pm EST)
Macon Whoopee Redesign Top 5 votes (ends Friday @ 11:59pm EST)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Calgary Flames concept (By: J3)


How about a primarily gold jersey for the Flames? I like the idea. Bringing back the flaming horse is awesome. I like how the yoke and stripes match and are fairly simple. I even like the number on the front, although I wish the numbers and names had a white outline before the black, like the striping. Other then that, I love this. Awesome job, J3. 8.5/10

UMD NCHC concept (By: Adam H.)


Adam continues his series of NCHC concepts with the University of Minnesota-Duluth. I like the home and road jerseys, but I'm not a big fan of the fauxback. The striping is just kind of weird to me. One note on execution I've noticed on your concepts, Adam, is that the pant striping is too large. Make it about half as big. Another thing I would get rid of is the hem outline under the striping. Other then that, these are solid. 7/10

Phoenix Coyotes concept (By: Stephen T.)


With the Coyotes changing their name to the Arizona Coyotes next year, Stephen has a new look for the Yotes here. I like the more simple bruins-like striping. On the home jersey, I recommend just getting rid of the green yoke outline and also, the Reebok logo on the back should be wheat/cream whatever you call it. The pant striping seems to have nothing to do with the jersey, I would just have the pants plain burgundy with maybe some alternate logo (like the moon logo that is currently on their pants?). Apart from those, I like these. 7.5/10

Erie Otters OHL concept (By: AJH)


Alan creates a new concept for the OHL's Erie Otters with a new logo. I like the wavy striping, it's different and creative. I appreciate the effort on making a new logo, I'm not a big fan of it, although it isn't worse then their actual logo. The jerseys as well, are better then what they currently wear. I can't say this is an amazing concept, but it's better then what they have now, and would definitely be an upgrade. 8/10

Los Angeles Kings concept (By: Brian B.)


The first of two Kings concepts today (both featuring purple), Brian offers up a cool one. I love the striping and the yoke is cool too. The simple crown logo is also so much better without all the little details. I know the Kings had this on their pre-EDGE jerseys, but what is that thing around the collar, some sort of outline? Anyway, this is great. 8.5/10

Calgary Flames concept (By: Tyler G. [Me])


My first concept in a while, I bring you the Flames! I wanted to base this off of their current third jersey, so I did and this is what i came up with. I just wanted a simple, classic look. Tell me what you think.

New York Rangers concept (By: JCR Graphix)


JCR offers up some really cool Rangers concepts for us today. I love the Rangers current uniforms, and I know many fans wouldn't want to see them go, but these are just awesome. The thick yokes, simple stripes, and cool logos are awesome. I'm not sure which is the alt, but I think it's the Blue one. Anyway, all jerseys here are just awesome. There aren't many Rangers concepts I would take over their current look, but this is one of them. Awesome job, JCR. 9/10 and a COTW nom from me

UND NCHC concept (By: Adam H.)


Here is another NCHC concept from Adam and it's the indian-headless North Dakota Fighting Sioux. I must say one thing, I don't like the color scheme here at all. Black and the toothpaste-type color don't look good here. Although, I like the dark green and white alternae. Apart from the colors, the jerseys are awesome. I think the pants should be black and the home should have a black helmet as well. Try to incorporate more black here, because that toothpaste-aqua type color is ugly, in my opinion. Also, Sioux is spelled wrong on the alternate, unless that was on purpose for some reason. 7/10

Los Angeles Kings concept (By: Jets96)


Kings concept two of the day, Jets brings back purple, and there is a lot of it! I love the use of the grey as an accent color here. One thing I don't like is the shield logo on the front, I would use the crown logo (although it seems as if you were trying to refrain from using it). I like everything here, no complaints. 8.5/10

Thanks for reading, have a good Friday everyone!
Thursday: Flaming Kings Reviewed by Tyler Gross on March 28, 2013 Rating: 5

4 comments:

Caz said...

COTW nomination to J3's Flames concept! I love the gold. I agree with Tyler's assessment. If it had that extra white outline on the numbers and NOB, it would be perfect.

winnipegjets96 said...

I'll 2nd J3, As to why I used the shield logo, I love that logo, especially on purple, but I really wished I used the collar he made to resemble the 2001 alternate.

JCRGraphix said...

Just for clarification, on my NY Rangers concept, the blue jersey with the Liberty logo is the home, and the red is the alternate. Also, the shield is based on the NY Americans of the 40s. Thanks for the COTW nom.

CapsFanGoCaps said...

I second the COTW for the New York Rangers

All Rights Reserved by Jersey Nerds Podcast © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

(c)2018 HockeyJerseyConcepts.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.